Sunday 19 August 2012


To kill a mockingbird part one essay

During last week we spent our classes writting an essay about part one of To kill a mockingbird. We were given to choose one question out of many and answer it developing a thesis. 

I choose the second question which was: "
What impact does setting have on your understanding of the central ideas or themes presented in Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird"?. From this question I develop the following thesis: " Setting provide us with the context that is necessary to understand the themes and central ideas of a novel."   To answer the question and prove my thesis, I use many facts like the 
racism trials, the great depression, etc... and also  many quotes to support my thesis and arguments.

I think it was a good instance to show our skill in the art of writting and supporting ideas, and also a good way to prepare in a creative way for our cummulative test, that includes the whole book.


No comments:

Post a Comment