Monday 29 October 2012

Rationale

I choose to make a new chapter, more like a "new opening" about George Koves and "Fatelessness". I did it beacuse it is important to underdtand better the context of the novel and most importantly, try to understand what have happened and how the situation have develop up to the point where rhe novel begins.

As we know George is a dinamic character, and as a 1st person narrator, we can see how he is constantly changing both emotionally an physically and that is what I try to capture through my "new opening" for the novel. I think that it was better to make the tense in past since I want him to relate why he was in the situation he was at the beggining of the novel by relating it and foreshadowing what will happen next in the novel as for example I insinuated his parents discussions.

About the context of the novel, I decided to show a little about Jewish customs, like the sSbbath, but mainly about the nazi invasion and the quickly  installment of their ideology in Budapest as happen in many places of Europe during WWII. I write about the discrimination of Jewish people, the imposition of wearing "yellow stars to know there believes and how their where sent to ghettos, taken away from their houses and without the option to protest since they will get "tortured". All the above situation is directly related to the mood and the tone of both the novel and my chapter because that situation was of great desperation, resigned and suspenseful since Jewish didn`t know what will happen next, and that it is exactly what I look foward to in my task, to show the resigned and suspense in wich the Jewish were forced to live inside the Gheto walls after being taken away from their homes by the germans.

No comments:

Post a Comment